Tips For Staying On Time
Being a beauty professional can be pretty time consuming. Especially for those of us who do it full time. Whether you’re a new beauty professional or a seasoned pro, here are some tips to help you manage your time between clients!
- Practice Makes Perfect- If you’re new to the freelance world, you might not be used to having limited time to do makeup or hair. Timing yourself while practicing on friends and family is a great way to measure your speed, and figure out how to shorten your time with clients in the future.
- Communication is Key- Finding out the look your client wants as well as their skin type and tone can help avoid over packing or having to constantly search through your products.
- Prep- If clients come to you, it’s important to have everything set up before they arrive to avoid running out of time. If you’re a traveling freelancer, try to arrive 15 minutes early to do this. Anything can happen on a freelance job, and you want to be sure that no matter what happens, you won’t run out of time.
- Multitask- For MUAs, having a little brush cleanser with you as you work is a great way to kill time between clients. Especially if you tend to work on two or more clients at a time. If you’re working on a client’s skin and you’ve just finished their eye makeup, lightly spray down the dirty brushes and swirl them into a paper towel to help prepare yourself for the next client. You can also use disposable tools like makeup sponges to save time.
- Ask for help- If you find yourself having to do more than two clients at once and you’re overwhelmed, ask a fellow MUA to come along with you on the job to do skin prep for clients.
- Less is more- Always remember the more product you use, the more time it will take to work into the client’s skin, so try to use only what you need!
Still have any other questions? Don’t hesitate to get in contact with us through email, or Dm us on instagram.
Also don't Forget to Pre-sign up for the BeautynBrushes App, a social media beauty booking app coming summer 2020 for women of colour
Stay tuned for the official launch date, helpful tips and blogs such as this one and upcoming events via e-mail
Have any other beauty business questions or curiosities? We have a Facebook group where we share additional beauty boss video tips and guides that will help you elevate your business and engage with other stylists. Don’t hesitate to get in contact with us via email or direct message us on Instagram!
Follow our Instagram @BeautynBrushes for everything black beauty
Get connected and start asking questions and interacting with amazing people such as yourself!
For more information visit: https://www.beautynbrushes.com/